After spending the morning huddled in a fetal position on the couch, nauseated and feeling like my eyes were going to roll back in my head at any second, I drank 1/2 cup pickle juice.
Out of desperation because I actually don't care for pickle juice. Or pickles. Not anymore!
About a half hour later I felt alive again.
My blood pressure wasn't terribly low. It dropped from 125/81 to 100/65. Last night it was 90/60 again.
But I can't deny the salt is saving the day.
So I alerted the endo to the fact that I am now drinking pickle juice in order to function.
What they'll make of that I don't know.
I'm going to stop the BP med too because I'm sure that isn't helping. However I don't think the drops are from the medications, because I've been rock solid at 110/70 for over a week now with nil variation. Without the medication I suspect I would've had one of my 140/90 spikes followed by a 90/60 or worse crash. Now my spikes are just 125/81.
Of course I could be wrong, but my sense is that this is not the BP medication.
I also am formally retracting my Cushing's freak out of last night. One because it is not uncommon for me to have fluid fluctuations just by changing the steroid dose. Combine that with a lot of sugar consumption of late and I think it's understandable why I feel like I'm holding Niagara Falls in suspension.
Nor am I going to declare any stretch marks red until the hubby looks at them. Because now I'm not so sure.
My concern is that since the Hydrocortizone is only in my system for a short period of time when my body is used to a 24/7 prop up from prednisone, that there's a slow, cumulative degeneration of my situation.
Not that I know anything.
But something isn't right.
We'll see what the endo says.






0 comments:
Post a Comment